20100310

VMS transcript # 100310: Commander Shepard

I had a team.  They were taken away from me.  Heard most of them got stripped of their life-earned priviledges, slung back behind the red tape again into administrative governmental roles or political idols for their people.  Then life was taken away from me.  

Looking back on it, I didn't need it back, I finished what I was made to do.  But they needed my life again, I guess, new impending threat, new doom.  I'm back, siezing obedience as the most influential most human in the galaxy right now; great.  This time, on the behalf of the Zealots for Humanity Association; great.  So far, these guys seem to be playing for the greater good, but it doesn't stop any and all non-human from being wary when interacting with me, definitely including my new teammates.  Not that I give a damn whether they like me or not, but if we're heading into hell for a suicide mission, I need to know I'm giving my life for the best chance of success, and for that, I need loyalty and trust, not a bunch of androids.

I've started talking to some of these guys while in transit.  The frittering scientist Moldus, the genetically "enhanced" Miranda, heck, I even spent 20 credits the other day for a bottle of brandy to give to the old doctor.  I guess the reason I'm doing it is because I'm started to see the value of exploring these guys a bit.  I feel they're precise, but limited in combat- I don't know, I just feel we haven't harnessed all of their abilities yet.  Maybe they don't trust me or maybe I haven't earned their loyalty.  I feel confident that like Ender and his team in the battleroom, once I have earned their loyalty our range of attacks, our flexibility, and our resilience will increase.  

I know, and they most assuredly know, that I can and will lead them to victory if victory is possible.  That said, these conversations are making this experience better worth living even if it's not yielding weapons, credits, or tangible information on these bastard Collectors.  That's it for now, I think we've reached the Citadel..


(This Controller has discovered that certain teammate abilities are indeed unaccessible until they are fully loyal to Shepard.  There are no specifics to how this loyalty may be attained.)

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan,

    A very interesting approach to your post. I think it offers unique insight into you character's development and your growth as well. I hope that you continue to play around with identity as you continue you game play.

    ReplyDelete

Reply via text here